Monday, June 14, 2010

Time to brag about my amazing husband...

I have known my husband since junior high school, and in all of those years I had never heard him sing "for real." You see, he's got a great sense of humor and he's shy, so every time I would ask him to sing something for me, he would use this cartoony voice. I knew he had a great voice inside of him - one full of sincerity and emotion - but I think he was too shy about expressing himself, and he wouldn't let me hear it. On Saturday night, years of wondering ended. My beautiful husband performed, singing, in a BAND. Granted, it was just for a small fundraising event, but still! Not only that, but their first song had a country twang to it, and country is my favorite genre. It is highly ironic that he got the chance to do this before I did. What he got to do that night is exactly what I want to do. Watching him up there, I was totally in awe of what he was able to accomplish, being an untrained singer who had certainly never sung for an audience before. However, I knew he would pull it off all along. He's amazingly talented. I wasn't jealous at all.