Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Singing my dreams to life, day 1

After a long, emotional graduation weekend, I am preparing to "put myself out there" in the world. My long-term goal is to make money as a singer - enough to support myself ( I don't need to be rich or anything!), but the odds are stacked against me. Trusted teachers have told me most musicians make their living doing multiple types of jobs: composing, teaching, performing, etc. Since I don't have any of these jobs now (at least, none that pay), I plan to start by looking for a "day job," 9-5, Monday through Friday, so I can have evenings free to continue to participate in local (volunteer) music theatre. I have already been looking for a job for three weeks with no luck. My hope is that after reformatting my resume, I will begin to get some interviews. Other "to do list" items: learning new music, brushing up old audition material, practicing piano and teaching myself guitar.